Buying/Selling A Business
A business law attorney can be a valuable resource when you are in the process of buying or selling a business. At Shoup Legal, we are here to offer the support that you need during every stage of the transaction. Not only do we provide professional evaluation and advice to improve the outcome of your proposed transaction, but we ensure that the legal structure is designed to protect your interests in the future.
What Makes Shoup Legal Unique?
With years of practice in the industry, we offer specialized legal services. Our focus on business law means that you will be working with a team that offers hands-on experience for your business needs. When you choose Shoup Legal, you will enjoy these benefits:
- Detailed Analysis: We evaluate the financial health and structure of your business, to determine the best legal approach for overcoming challenges and optimizing opportunities. This due-diligence process means that nothing is overlooked when you are buying or selling a business.
- Personal Recommendations: You’ll see that we offer practical advice based on your business requirements. We partner with our clients to identify future goals and ensure that the current transactions support the long-term vision for the company.
- Measurable Results: When buying or selling a business, it’s important to maximize the value. Part of this process includes the identification of pitfalls that could cut into your profitability.
You’ll find that our boutique legal firm provides custom services based on your business requirements. We’re here to help with anything that you need!
Businesses Buying & Selling Services
We offer multiple specialized services for business owners:
- Negotiation of the Preliminary Terms: The initial negotiation of the purchase terms before contracts are prepared, is often the most important period of time when selling a business. We can assist in maximizing the value for the sale during these negotiations and also work to prepare quality documentation to memorialize the agreed upon initial terms.
- Ownership Equity Sales: If you are preparing for a stock sale, we can help with the structure and offerings for potential investors who want to buy-in. We will then work to properly reorganize the business to reflect and plan for the new owners.
- Business Asset Sales: Talk to us if you are planning to sell your business’s assets to a buyer. Often, these services are designed with the longer goal of dissolving the business entity after the sale is complete.
Do you have questions about how to buy or sell a business? Shoup Legal is always here to answer your questions if you are looking for business legal advice. Call today to learn more about the range of available business services: (951) 445-4114
Is Now the Right Time
to Buy a Business?
Are you considering the purchase of a business?
If so, this is the guide for you!
Now is a great time to be an entrepreneur, but before you invest in a business, invest the time to learn how to do it the right way. Download our 8-page Business Purchase Guide & avoid the most common mistakes buyers make.
The guide is free and there is no obligation, just register below and let us know where we should send it! The topics covered include:
- Your Readiness for a Business
- Finding the Right Business
- Evaluating a Business
- Contract Essentials
- Business Structure
- Succession Planning
- Competition Protection
- Funding and Transition
Connect with Our Team.
Complete the form below to have one of our team members contact you. Please do not submit any private information other than your name and contact details.