Are you ready to join a team who embraces change? Our world-class team has continued to serve our clients plan today for peace of mind tomorrow, even during the uncertainty over the past 2 years. To serve our clients, we need to make sure our team is taken care of, too. How do we do that? Well, it’s with people like YOU.
Shoup Legal, A Professional Law Corporation, is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to continue to cultivate an amazing workplace. Our Human Resources Generalist will be passionate about empowering the business and the people who drive it. This person will have a keen eye for talent and experience developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the firm’s company culture. The right fit will understand the importance of protecting the firm and will actively ensure that we are in compliance with current state and federal laws.
If you’re an experienced Human Resources Generalist who’s looking to take part in fostering a collaborative, harmonious, and productive work environment, we invite you to apply to our firm!
How to apply:
- Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Your cover letter should summarize why you’d like to join our team and why you’d be a good fit. Please also include three bullet points for the following questions: your salary requirements, your two strongest attributes, and a workplace pet peeve of yours
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Previous law firm experience is a plus.
- Paid holidays
- Personal time off
- Health, dental, vison, and life insurance
- 401k contributions
Job Type: Full-time