Who you are:
An experienced business and corporate law attorney who enjoys providing value to clients and making sure their business and family are protected.
Who we are:
We are Shoup Legal, a Professional Law Corporation, an Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and Business Law firm located in beautiful Murrieta, California. Here at our firm, we are focused on leveraging technology and five-star customer service to provide clients with an experience not seen in other firms. We believe in empowering our team to go above and beyond to service clients in their most desperate hours of need. We have cultivated a remarkable team that embraces the belief that the work we do is more than just a job, it is a way to help protect the lives of the families and businesses we serve.
We are seeking a mid-level, local, Business Law Associate Attorney to manage a large caseload of matters consisting of Business and Corporate Law for our Murrieta location. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, then we invite you to apply to our firm. We are selective in who we hire, and our interview process is rigorous because we value the culture we have instituted at our firm.
- Give legal advice to clients on corporate governance, policies, procedures, finances, intellectual property, employment, operations, and regulatory issues, and guide them towards best practices in corporate law regulation compliance
- Assess legal rights and legal risk of various company structures, and make recommendations for corporation, joint venture, limited partnership, and limited liability company options
- Develop strategies for risk-mitigation and shield clients from legal risks and regulatory violations in all business transactions
- Conduct complex legal research and extensive due diligence
- Negotiate on the clients’ behalf to create, modify, and execute deals
- Evaluate current and new projects, partnerships, mergers, divestitures, and acquisitions for potential legal issues
- Perform complex legal research and extensive due diligence
- Draft, review, and modify contracts, government and financial reports, process and procedure policies, and other legal documents as required
- Manage full case handling responsibilities from inception through completion. Inception includes the initial sales call, representing our value to the potential clients, following up as needed to support our intake team, closing the sale with clients, and appropriately valuing our services to ensure profitability
- Regularly consult with clients, accountants, financial advisors, and other parties as needed to effectively move cases forward
- Foster and maintain an excellent rapport with clients and professionals through consistent communication and thorough advisement.
- Develop a strategic approach and provide leadership and direction to paralegals, legal assistants, and team members
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a corporate lawyer, as in-house counsel for a corporation, or as a staff attorney or associate attorney for a corporate law firm
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Proficient with computers, especially MS Office and Google Suite
- In-depth transactional knowledge and understanding of corporate law, tax law, and securities law is necessary
- Superb analytical, negotiation, and communication skills are crucial
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed with the California State Bar
- Must have 3+ years of Business Law experience
- Experience handling matters from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients, developing a comprehensive strategy, preparing and executing engagement letters, negotiating with opposing counsel, and drafting and preparing contracts and business and corporate documents to meet the client’s objectives
- In-depth experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating business contracts to include, but is not limited to: non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, subcontractor agreements, operating contracts, partnership agreements, surrender and release agreements, asset sale contracts, buy-sell agreements, and stock sale agreements
- In-depth experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating corporate documents to include, but is not limited to: annual/special shareholder and director minutes, shareholder agreements, Limited Liability Company and Partnership formation documents, Buy/Sell Agreements, and all standard Corporate formation documents
- Working understanding of ancillary documents involved in entity formation from the Secretary of State, IRS, and Department of Business Oversight
- Effective, clear, concise, and accurate communication, both oral and written, at an appropriate level to the situation and the client
- Working knowledge of how business entities and transactions are taxed, business structure, financial statements, daily business operations, and investments
- Great ability to focus under pressure and the willingness to do what needs to be done to ensure a project is done effectively and appropriately
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Have strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite, timekeeping, and case management software
- Tax experience is a plus
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well with change in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files (digital and hard copy)
- Ability to cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication
- Ability to develop a client following to increase the firm’s revenues
$83,000 – $125,000 yearly
About Shoup Legal, A Professional Law Corporation
Shoup Legal, APLC is an Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and Business Law firm located in beautiful Murrieta, California. Our firm focuses on leveraging technology and five-star customer service to provide an experience not seen in other firms. We believe in empowering our staff to go above and beyond for clients in their most desperate hours of need. We take pride in the amazing team that we’ve helped build at Shoup Legal and are looking for candidates who want to take their careers to the next level.