Shoup Legal is an extremely busy and growing law firm located in beautiful Murrieta California that is currently searching for a detail-oriented and motivated business law paralegal to join our highly motivated, highly trained professional legal team.
If you are the type of individual that is well organized, motivated to succeed, can demonstrate a strong work ethic, has high standards for your work product, and are looking to join a law firm that will challenge you to grow professionally and personally, then you are the type of person we want. Attention to detail is a HUGE part of this job as is the need to be able to hit deadlines without fail. Being able to communicate effectively in both written and oral communications is a must as is the ability to organize, interpret, and disseminate highly complex business and legal documents.
Our ideal candidate would be a certified ABA Paralegal with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a business/corporate law environment. Our paralegal must be local to the area and be able to perform substantive billable legal work under the direction of one or more attorneys in the office.
If you believe you are the diamond we have been looking for, then throw your hat in the ring and apply for this position. We look forward to speaking with you!
- With attorney supervision and direction, draft, revise, and finalize sales contracts, buy-sell agreements, stock option contracts, lease agreements, and other business contracts
- Prepare the necessary documents and comply with applicable state law to fully form Limited Liability Companies, Corporations, and Professional Corporations
- Prepare annual minutes and maintain business record books for clients
- Create asset summaries and inventories and accounting from client financial documents
- Connect and communicate with clients on a regular basis with updates and gather information
- Maintain positive relationships with our referral sources
- Assist attorneys in preparing cases for hearings
- Interact with opposing parties/attorneys
- Maintain case management database
- Accurately and thoroughly enter time
- Have 5+ years of business law paralegal experience
- Work in-office
- Have an ABA Recognized Paralegal Certificate
- Superior contract drafting experience
- Experience in business and corporate law
- Possess strong multi-tasking and time management skills: be able to prioritize and manage many varied tasks at a time, following through in a timely manner
- Be willing to perform administrative tasks as needed
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter who is also detail-oriented
- Display a positive attitude
- Have strong computer skills with significant experience in MS Office Suite, including spreadsheets, timekeeping, and case management software
- Be able to learn new software with ease
- Have excellent spelling, typing, and grammar skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Exhibit a strong work ethic with high standards for quality and production of work
$21 – $27 hourly, dependent on experience and qualifications, at market rates
Recognized work-life balance
Personal time off
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance available
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary request to [email protected].