Our growing law firm is seeking a mid-level, local, Estate Planning Associate Attorney to manage a large caseload of matters consisting of Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, Medi-Cal Benefits and Business Law. We have cultivated a remarkable team that embraces the belief that the work we do is more than just a job, it is a way to help protect the lives of the families we serve.
The Candidate will have:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed with the California State Bar.
- Must have 3+ years of estate planning experience.
- Experience handling matters from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients, developing a strategy for an estate plan, and preparing the appropriate estate plan documents to meet the client’s objectives.
- Effective, clear, concise and accurate communication, both oral and written, at an appropriate level to the situation and the client.
- Working knowledge of finance, investments.
- Great ability to focus under pressure and the willingness to do what needs to be done.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Have strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite, time keeping and case management software.
- Experience with Wealth Counsel drafting is desired.
- Tax experience or CPA a plus.
- Conduct initial consultation with clients.
- Identify the appropriate strategy to meet the client’s expressed objectives and make recommendations to fulfill those objectives including advising on the appropriate type of trust(s) to meet the client’s objectives.
- Draft estate planning documents, including wills, distinct types of trusts, ancillary documents.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts and explain all provisions of the estate plan to the client.
- Draft probate court documents and motions.
- Represent clients at Probate and/or Trust hearings.
- Review client issues on probate matters, analyze available options and diligently work to determine the best course of action.
- Experience drafting corporate governance and formation documents.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files (digital and hard copy).
- Draft Trust Administration documents.
- Regularly consult with clients, accountants, financial advisors, and other parties as needed to effectively move cases forward.
- Successfully negotiate settlements and contracts as appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication.
- Report on caseload at weekly case review meeting.
- Develop a client following to increase the firm’s revenues and accurately and effectively record all time worked.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation dependent on experience and qualifications, at market rates.
- Recognized work-life balance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Personal Time Off.
- Health Insurance available.
How to Apply
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Please send your resume, along with a cover letter explaining what your three most important qualities are, to [email protected] The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by a hyphen and the word “associate,” followed by one word you would use to describe yourself (lower case).