Adult children with aging parents are often the ones that need to make sure the finances and estate plan are up to date. This can be a challenge, especially if Mom and Dad are not used to taking advice, but it can be helpful to be clear and persistent to ensure they have their affairs in order.
The key items to bring up include:
• Advance Directives for Health Care
• Having a Current Will or Trust Document Drafted
• Durable Powers of Attorney for Finances and Healthcare
• A Listing of Personal and Financial Data
• Any Personal Preferences or Special Instructions
Discussing each of these is important to make sure that your parents have made the best arrangements for both their health and finances, as well as distribution of their estate.
Please contact us at 951-445-4114 for assistance if you have aging parents without a current estate plan.