Are you tired of working for the same old Estate Planning law firm? Are you looking for a fresh start at a technology-forward law firm that puts life-work balance at the forefront of their thinking? Do you want the freedom to further develop your book of business while also being given new clients provided through the marketing efforts of the firm? If any of the answers to these questions is “YES”, then you belong at Shoup Legal, APLC.
Shoup Legal, APLC is an Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and Business Law firm located in beautiful Murrieta, California. Our firm is focused on leveraging technology and five-star customer service to provide clients with an experience not seen in other firms. We believe in empowering our Attorneys to go above and beyond to service clients in their most desperate hours of need. Our Attorneys receive support from our amazing team comprised of Office Service Assistants and Paralegals who are meticulously selected and trained to be a part of our world-class support staff.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, then we invite you to apply to our firm. We are selective in who we hire, and our interview process is rigorous because we value the culture we have instituted at our firm. We have cultivated a remarkable team that embraces the belief that the work we do is more than just a job, it is a way to help protect the lives of the families we serve.
- Conduct initial consultation with clients.
- Identify the appropriate strategy to meet the client’s expressed objectives and make recommendations to fulfill those objectives including advising on the appropriate type of trust(s) to meet the client’s objectives.
- Draft estate planning documents, including wills, distinct types of trusts, ancillary documents.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts and explain all provisions of the estate plan to the client.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Regularly consult with clients, accountants, financial advisors, and other parties as needed to effectively move cases forward.
- Cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication.
- Report on caseload at a weekly case review meeting.
- Develop a client following to increase the firm’s revenues.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed with the California State Bar.
- Preferred 5+ years of estate planning experience handling matters from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients, developing a strategy for an estate plan, and preparing the appropriate estate plan documents to meet the client’s objectives.
- Effective, clear, concise, and accurate communication, both oral and written, at an appropriate level to the situation and the client.
- Working knowledge of finance, investments, and taxes.
- Great ability to focus under pressure and the willingness to do what needs to be done.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Have strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite, timekeeping, and case management software.
- Experience with Wealth Counsel drafting is desired.
- Tax experience or CPA a plus.
- A transferrable book of business is a BIG plus.
$90,000 – $130,000 yearly, dependent on experience and qualifications, at market rates.
Recognized work-life balance
Personal time off
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance available
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary request to [email protected].